How to register company is the first query which comes in our mind for new business startups. Registering a business in Pakistan or in any other country is a legal process. To convert any business idea into a practical business is something which is very important. Before starting company registration with SECP or any other organization, it is important to make a few things very clear. How much investment available, number of directors, number of investors, company office, the clear objective and principal activity of the company?
Steps to register company with SECP?
- Create an online account with SECP
- Company Name reservation
- Define company shares capital & directors
- Preparation of Incorporation documents
- Digital signatures
- Pay incorporation / Filing Fee
- Collect incorporation certificate
New User registration in e-Services with SECP
Now a user either local or foreign user can get registration with SECP in e-Services. e_services is a portal which help in registration and after registration activities to be done online. Pakistani national can create username and password online by visiting SECP website or by clicking here. For registration, cell number (sim on user name), email id & CNIC number will be required. However, for foreign registration, valid passport, photograph, cell number and email will be required
Step # 1:
- Visit SECP website and go to https://eservices.secp.gov.pk/eServices/. There are 2 options for creating new account.
- Sign Up for national
- Signup for foreign / POC holder
Step # 2:
Fill the registration form very carefully. Enter correct all the particulars according to NADRA records. Enter CNIC number without dashes and create a password. However, the password must have 8 or more characters including minimum 1 number, 1 special character, 1 lower and 1 uppercase.
SECP e-Services registration form screenshot is shown above for e-Services SECP registration information. All the particulars will be verified from NADRA. Likewise, cell number and email id will be verified by sending separate codes on the given mobile number and email id. A foreign or national user will not be able to create an account without providing correct codes received on cell number and email id.
After completing account creation, login to your SECP account by entering username and password. Username is your CNIC or Passport number (without dashes) and password is same entered while registering. After signing in, start company registration/return submission and enter & apply user pin. After creating PIN, your account creation is completed. Now user can register a company, add directors or even can submit the return
Company name reservation – How to register a company
Preparation of Incorporation documents
Digital signatures SECP
How to deposit company Incorporation fee?
In Pakistan, the fee for incorporating a company with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) can be deposited through several methods:
- Online: The SECP has an online portal, eServices, where you can pay the fee using a credit/debit card or internet banking.
- Bank Deposit: You can deposit the fee in any branch of the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) or Habib Bank Limited (HBL) using the deposit slip available on the SECP website.
- Postal Order: You can also pay the fee via Postal Order and send it to the SECP’s office in Lahore, Karachi, or Islamabad.
- Cheque: You can also pay the fee via cheque, in favor of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, and send it to the SECP’s office in Lahore, Karachi, or Islamabad.
Collection of company incorporation certificate
How to choose Business Company name?
How to register a company
company name availability check?
why did you decide to start your own business?
Business Name reservation with SECP?
Why start a business instead of job?
what are the main reasons for starting a business?
Create a website
Create Facebook page